Measuring Drawer Boxes
Measuring for your new cabinet drawer box couldn't be easier at cabinetdoorcenter.com. With a few basic tools and some careful measurement, you'll be ready to place your order drawer box order. You save money right away because you don't even need to hire a professional. Are you ready to get started?
- Note Pad
- Tape Measure
Measuring for your drawer boxes may seem difficult when you start, but if you follow these simple guidelines it makes it simple. Remember to measure each opening at least twice to prevent mistakes.
Measure your cabinet box openings to the nearest 1/8" and record your measurements carefully on your note pad. Be sure to record your measurements as width x height. For example, you may write down something such as "width 15" x 31" height." Here are the measurements you will be taking:
- Width = total cabinet width – specifications for drawer slides
- Height = total cabinet height – specifications for drawer slides
- Depth = total cabinet depth – distance for adjustment (at least 1” is recommended for installation)
Be precise, your cabinet drawer box will be custom made to your specifications any incorrect measurements lead to it incorrectly fitting or not being installed properly in the cabinet box and a non-returnable item. All sales are final, so please double check your work.
Placing Your Order
It's now time to calculate the exact cabinet drawer box size you'll need and prepare to complete your order. Let's get ready to calculate.
- Height: Drawer must be at least 3/4" less than the total cabinet opening height for easy installation.
- Width: For 1/2" thick drawer material, deduct a total of 5/8" from the cabinet total opening width.
Carefully input your custom drawer box sizes and quantities into the order form. Be sure you have selected the right depth for your drawer boxes. Proofread it to make sure you entered every detail error-free. When you feel confident, click submit. You're now well on your way to owning your perfect cabinets.
Please note that we do not accept responsibility for any errors in measurements based on these recommendations.